Gotta love our Michigan weather, 35 degrees one day and 60 degrees the next. Up and down weather can be really hard on animals. Below is a list of things to watch for as well as a list of things to keep the same for your animals.
- Coughing and runny noses
- Thumping chests (usually a sign of a respiratory issue)
- Make sure they are continuing to eat and drink every day. I sick animal will shy away from food
- Other signs of sickness could be hair standing up (looking fuzzy), ears down (looking depressed), tails down
- Best advice…call your vet don’t wait
Things to do
- Your animals need a clean dry place with plenty of bedding to sleep in all the time.
- Water needs to be fresh and clean.
- Put a heat lamp in the animals sleeping area for extra warmth. Keep it high enough so they can’t play with it.
- Try and block off drafts to keep cold air off the animals.